Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ch. 143 : Thee I Wed

Angel gets a new tattoo to celebrate his upcoming union.



Marie shares the exciting news with her oldest friend. 




Damian’s ecstatic!




“You know, I always thought you’d end up with Dastan, but I’m glad you finally found someone to be happy with. Jason and I will for sure be at your wedding.”




Neither of them notice Jason enter the house. He doubts very much that he’ll be at the wedding. He has a far more important destination in mind for that date.




“Today’s the big day.” Angel announces, almost in a whisper. “You nervous?”




“Terrified... calm me down?”
He does so.




But nonetheless, the fear comes back. At the very least, you must admit she makes a lovely bride.




“I always knew you’d make a beautiful blushing bride one day.” Dastan mutters, fixing his sleeves. “I just don’t think I’ll ever get over the fact that you’re marrying my son. Be good to him, won’t you?”




She ignores his request. “Dastan... am I doing the right thing?”
“What do you mean?”
“I would have felt... something if I’d stopped fate. I’d be more powerful, have more vigor, feel less empty. I just have this horrible dread in my stomach and I wish I knew why.”
“It’s cold feet.” He assures her. 
“You sure?”
“Do you remember the day I found you in the room next door? When you were just a teen? You felt so weak back then, like the smallest attack would kill you. After you forced yourself to age up that weakness was gone.” He smiles at her. “That was the same day you decided you loved Angel, wasn’t it?”
She nods.
“I think that’s when you really stopped fate. The rest of this was just fate trying to mess with your mind.




She wishes she could be so confident, but there’s no sense in continuing the conversation in the way it was headed. “Alright, Dastan, I’ve stalled long enough to make Angel sweat a bit. Walk me down the aisle?”
They gave up the pretense that Dastan was her father long ago. But he’s still the closest thing she has to one. She has no idea where her real father is right now, or if she’ll ever see him again. Dastan doesn’t mind being her stand in.




“Oh thank goodness! For a moment there I thought you had run away.”
She doesn’t lie. “I still considering it... there are so many people here.”




“I won’t force you into anything unless you’re comfortable. I love you.”
“I love you too.” She smiles. “Let’s get married.”






The twins are thrilled.




Kat doesn’t bother hiding her tears at seeing her baby brother finally getting married. It’s been a long time coming. Damian lets his inner hopeless romantic shine. His husband is noticeably absent.




Marie thinks she can get used to this whole “being married” business.




The party goes on until the sun is rising, so its late morning by the time the new couple arrives home for their wedding night.




“We’re married.” He whispers. “How do you feel about that Mrs. Starr?”
“Like you haven’t kissed me nearly enough yet for that kind of talk, Mr. Starr.”
He agrees wholeheartedly. 



---

The twins actually age up in like... 3 days so I figured it was safe for them to get married without bending the rules beyond repair. Marie's hair is CC. One of my favourites, even though I've held off on using it for a while xD. 


4 Chapters left

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you're building the tension up here amazingly well, I'm on tenterhooks waiting to find out what's going to happen next!

    Have you ever thought about writing a full story based on your legacy? I think it would make a great base for one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about it, yeah. I even wrote out Roxie's introduction to Sunset Valley for a homework assignment earlier this semester... xD Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. All this waiting-to-see-what-happens-next is killing me! <3

    The wedding was lovely. Marie looks absolutely stunning in her white dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason is tooootally up to something. I'm looking forward to seeing what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute wedding. It was simple and sweet.

    I'm nervous for how you're going to end it though. I have a feeling it will be sad. I'm preemptively tearing up... on the inside. ; )

    ReplyDelete